for print only

City of Perris

Follow us:      

City of Perris

Business Resources and Support

Need more assistance? Find additional resources here.

Thinking About Starting a Small Business?

If you are looking to start a small business, then this is an excellent place to begin. We have put together a guide to assist you through this endeavor. You will find details on the processes here at the City, as well as at the state and federal levels, and we have also included numerous resources that you might find helpful along the way.

Helpful Information

  • State of California Business Investment Guide
    Browse through this State of California Business Investment Guide to learn about the State’s strategic business advantages, new state-sponsored initiatives, incentives, and technical and financial assistance programs currently offered in California.

California CEO Magazine

Perris Business Guide
  • Logistics

    The logisitics industry plays a major role in the Inland economy - and will continue to do so in the future.

  • Permitting and Regulatory Agencies

    City of Perris

    Development Services
     - Building Safety
     - Planning Permits
     - Code Enforcement
    (951) 943-5003
    City Engineer (951) 943-6504
    Finance Department
     - Business License
    (951) 943-4610

    County of Riverside

    Environmental Health
     - Food, Pools, Hazardous Materials
     - Land use, Solid Waste, Water
     Environmental Health Permits may be required for anything from food facilities to underground storage of hazardous waste.

    (951) 358-5172
    (951) 955-8980

    Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder-Fictitious Business Name
    If business will be conducted in any name other than your legal name, a Fictitious Business Name Statement must be filed at the Riverside County Assessor-Clerk-Recorder’s Office.
    (951) 486-7000
    Transportation and Land Management Agency (TLMA)
    Riverside County TLMA issues permits related to Building and Safety, Environmental, Flood Control, Fire, Planning, and Transportation. Refer to the Environmental Programs Division for information specific to the several habitat protection areas for species such as Santa Ana Sucker, California Red-legged Frog, Stephens Kangaroo Rat, and others in Western Riverside County.
    (951) 943-4610

    State and Federal

    Alcohol and Beverage Control
    Businesses that sell alcoholic beverages require an alcoholic beverage license issued by a local office of the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control. All parties concerned, applicants for new licenses or transferors (present licensees), and transferees (applicants) should be present due to the type of information required to submit an application. Considerable detailed personal information is required, including fingerprints, from all individual applicants, managers, and managing officers of applicant corporations.
    (951) 782-4400
    South Coast Air Quality Management District
     Air quality permits are required for an equipment or process at a facility that may emit air pollutants.
    (951) 396-2000
    Cal Gold
    Cal Gold compiles a network of permit assistance centers throughout the State, and exists to help businesses comply with environmental and other regulations.
    Cal/OSHA, a division of the California Department of Industrial Relations, works to protect workers and the public from safety hazards and provides consultative assistance to employers.
    (800) 321-OSHA (6742)
    Environmental Training Center
    This center offers compliance counseling, regulation research, permitting assistance, financial information, referrals, and educational and pollution prevention opportunities.
    (800) 344-3812
    Secretary of State
    The Office of the Secretary of State provides application and filing requirements for various legal filings such as types of business entities, Notary certifications, trademarks, and others.
    (916-) 653-6814
    State Board of Equalization
    The permits, licenses, and other qualified fees are required by the State of California to conduct business within the State. Registration, application, filing, and other taxpayer’s rights and responsibilities information is provided at this office.
    (951) 680-6400
    Weights and Measures Certification
    Businesses are required to notify the Riverside County Office of Weights and Measures if commercial weighing or measuring equipment is used in your business.
    (951) 955-3000
    Internal Revenue Service
    Businesses who have employees must apply for an Employer’s Identification Number (EIN) and report workers’ wages and deposit taxes deducted from workers’ wages.
    (800) 829-1040
  • General Business Development Resources

    City of Perris

    Perris Community Economic Development Corporation (CEDC)
    The City of Perris Community Economic Development Corporation works to create, diversify, and enhance job growth and to promote business development and quality-of-life endeavors for the City.
    (951) 943-6100
    Perris Valley Chamber of Commerce (951) 657-3555
    Hispanic Association of Small Businesses
    (951) 443-1111

    Riverside County

    California Manufacturing Technology Center
    This non-profit consulting company helps small and medium-sized manufacturers become more profitable through a variety of programs geared at improving their competitiveness by reducing costs, boosting sales, and retaining employees. Services include lean enterprise services, quality management services, information technology services, strategic business services, and supply chain management services.
    (800) 300-CMTC (2682)
    Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship (IECE)
     IECE provides educational and consulting services for entrepreneurs by offering specialized assistance programs that give advisory, mentoring, and consulting services, entrepreneurial training programs, and student internship resources. Business programs offered by IECE include: Inland Empire Women’s Business Center (IEWBC), Family Business Partnership (FBP), and the Inland Empire Small Farm Initiative (IESFI).
    (909) 880-3700
    Inland Empire Economic Partnership (IEEP)
    IEEP is a private, non-profit regional economic development membership organization for the Inland Empire. The core mission is the expansion and relocation of businesses to the Inland Empire. The on-going mission is achieved through five key initiatives: Business Council, Quality of Life, Transportation, Education and Workforce Development, and Public Policy.
    (951) 779-6700
    Inland Empire Women’s Business Center (IEWBC)
    IEWBC benefits the local economy by assisting existing and aspiring women business owners to start and grow successful businesses. The program also provides targeted services to Latina business owners by providing services in English and Spanish.
    (909) 890-1242
    Inland Empire Minority Business Development Center (IEMBDC)
     IEMBDC serves as an economic catalyst, providing quality technical assistance, training and loan packaging services to high growth minority business owners.
    (951) 320-7020
    Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
     The SBDC offers business consulting, business workshops and seminars, a small business library/computer lab, and additional specialized programs. SBDC Business Consultants work with your business in a confidential, one-on-one relationship. Consultants offer their guidance and expertise to help you build a better business. Consulting services are also available in Spanish.
    (951) 781-2345
    Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
     The program matches volunteer retired executives with small businesses that need expert advice at no cost.
    (951) 652-4390
    Riverside Community College (RCC) Corporate Connection
     Business Solutions Center of RCCD offers local businesses customized solutions in the development and delivery of training programs to enhance employee productivity. Additionally, specialized business development programs include the California/Mexico Trade Assistance Center, Corporate Contract Training, International Business Development, Technology Training, and other workshops designed to increase business potential. The Procurement Assistance Center teaches small, minority, women-owned, and other businesses to sell various goods and services to government agencies, prime contractors, and other purchasers.
    (951) 788-2520
    University of California, Riverside Extension (Extended Education)
    UCR Extension provides continuing education and certificate programs to assist business owners and operators in growing their business management and development skills. Customized training solutions are also offered to the local business community.
    (951) 787-4102

    State and Federal

    American Technology Alliances (AmTech)
    AmTech is dedicated to research, education, and the formation of partnerships between government laboratories and the private sector. AmTech offers a suite of services focused on helping clients collaborate by providing training and guidance on best practices and hands-on facilitation that drive business results.
    (650) 569-3838
    Best Manufacturing Practices (BMP) Program
     The BMP Center for Excellence was established by the Office of Naval Research to help identify the best practices used in the areas of design, testing, production, facilities, logistics, and management.
    (301) 405-9990
    CalRecycle-Recycling Market Development Zone (RMDZ)
    This innovative program provides incentives to manufacturers who produce products using recycled materials and helps secure low-interest loans, or assist in site and permitting issues that may affect recycling-based businesses to stimulate statewide market development for recycled materials.
    (916) 341-6600
    California Governor’s Office of Economic Development
    California’s business portal containing information helpful to new, expanding, or relocating businesses.
    Federal Laboratory Consortium for Technology Transfer (FLC) With more than 600 federal laboratories and centers, departments, and agencies participating as members, the FLC provides the point of entry to federal laboratory expertise and technology. The consortium has the ability to put a potential partner in contact with a federal laboratory that can provide expertise and capability in a specific area of interest.
    (856) 667-2727
    Small Business Administration
    The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is an independent agency of the federal government designed to aid, counsel, assist, and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation. The SBA helps Americans start, build, and grow businesses.
    (714) 550-7420
    U.S. Postal Service (USPS)
    USPS has an extensive business services division designed to help businesses perform their shipping and mailing functions cost effectively, time efficiently, and eco-friendly.
    (951) 656-9730
  • Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule

    Pursuant to AB26x the following is the Redevelopment Successor Agency's Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule (ROPS):