City Council meetings are held on the second and last Tuesdays of each month at 6:30 p.m.
All files are provided in Adobe Acrobat (pdf) format and require the free reader from Adobe.
June 9: City Council Meeting
Meeting Agenda | Public Hearing Notice | Item 8A | Item 8B | Item 8C | Item 9A
Remote Access to City of Perris Council Meeting
With the intent of adhering to the new community guidelines from the Center for Disease Control, the City of Perris will allow for remote participation at the upcoming City Council meeting on Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. The public will not be permitted to attend the meeting within the council chambers but may assemble in the Bob Glass Gymnasium, where six feet of social distancing will be accommodated.
Remote Public Comment
During the upcoming City Council meeting, public comment will be accepted via email.
• Please send comments via email to email@example.com.
• Identify the item you wish to comment on in your email's subject line.
• Emailed comments on the item will be accepted after the start of the meeting and up to when the Mayor announces that public comment for the item is closed.
• You may also request in your email to have your comments read during the live meeting.
• Provide your full name and contact phone number in your email.
2020 Meeting Cancellations
The following meetings have been cancelled: June 30, July 14, August 11, November 24, and December 29. See the official notice...
Other Public Meetings
The Planning Commission meets the first and third Wednesdays of the month at 6 p.m. in the Perris City Council Chamber.
Answers to Agenda-related Questions
- When are City Council Meetings?
Meetings are held on the second and last Tuesdays of each month at 6:30pm.
- How do I get an item placed on the City Council Agenda?
Only the City Council members, City Manager, and Department Heads have the authority to place items on the City Council agenda.
- How can I address the Council concerning an agenda item?
Before the beginning of the Council meeting, complete a speaker card and return it to the City Clerk. The speaker cards are kept with the official record of the City Council meeting and are used if the City Council or staff needs to contact you at a later date.
- How do I express my concern for an item not on the agenda?
Before the beginning of the Council meeting, complete a speaker card and return it to the City Clerk. You will be allowed to speak during the Public Comment period.
Every City Council agenda provides time for a Public Comment period. This is your opportunity to address the Council on any subject matter that is within the jurisdiction of the City Council and that does not appear as a regular agenda item. The City Council is not permitted (by law) to take any action on issues raised during the Public Comment period, but it may refer matters to the staff for response or official action at a future date.
- How do I run for City Council?
City Council elections are held in November of even-numbered years and are consolidated with the Statewide General Election. The nomination period for candidates running for a City Council seat begins in mid-July and concludes in mid-August. Please contact the City Clerk at (951) 956-2925 for additional details and requirements of running for office.
- How do you get a copy of a City Ordinance?
City ordinances are in the municipal code. Ordinances from 2002 to present are also available on this web site. Ordinances before that time are simply listed.
- Where do I register to vote?
Voter registration forms are available in the City Clerk's office. The forms are postage-paid and can mailed, or returned to the Registrar of Voters office in Riverside.