Yoga in the Garden
The next yoga lesson takes place Aug. 28 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the community garden, 101 North D Street.
Registration and sign-in for all hikes begins at 7:30 a.m. the morning of the event. Hiking begins about 8 a.m. Water will be provided at all hikes but participants are urged to bring their own as well.
All hikes are free but the Lake Perris State Recreation Area charges a parking fee of $5 per vehicle to access the recreation area. A local dentist office, Perris Modern Dentistry, is sponsoring parking for the first 30 vehicles at the Oct. 28 hike.
Upcoming hikes include:
- Sept. 9: Kabian Park, 28001 Goetz Road in the extreme south end of Perris. This 3.5-mile hike includes some moderate to challenging hills as it winds its way to and from Canyon Lake, providing a stunning vista of the water and surrounding Perris Valley. A hike earlier this year at Kabian Park drew almost 200 participants.
- Oct. 28: The Lake Perris State Recreation Area, 17801 Lake Perris Drive. This 3-mile family-friendly “walk on the beach” traverse relatively flat ground. More than 300 people took part in the same jaunt earlier this year.
- Feb. 10: The Lake Perris State Recreation Area for a walk-on-the-beach excursion.
- March 17: Kabian Park, 3-mile scenic hike course.
- April 14: Lake Perris State Recreation Area, a 4-mile challenging hike to the summit of Terri Peak. More than 250 people participated in the same hike earlier this year.
Chef in the Garden
Wednesdays: August 30 & September 27: 6:00 p.m.
Perris Green City Farm, City Hall Campus, 135 N. D Street
RSVP: Eduardo Sida, (951) 943-6100 ext. 301
Eliminating cleaning chemicals in your household; using household and natural ingredients for cleaning.
Thursday, October 12, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.