Perris City Clerk Nancy Salazar was honored as a “Woman of Distinction” by Assemblyman Jose Medina at a March 22 ceremony in Riverside.
Salazar was one of four Perris residents among the 19 women in Medina’s district—which includes Perris, Riverside, Moreno Valley and adjacent unincorporated areas of those communities—who were honored.
She was the only City Clerk among the honorees.
Salazar was appointed City Clerk last year.
“It was a great experience, one that I won’t soon forget,” Salazar said. “I am deeply appreciative and honored to receive this award. I appreciate the opportunity the City of Perris has provided me. I love my job with the City. It has been educational and enjoyable.”
Medina said the award honors women who “have made an extraordinary contribution to our community through their talents, skills, imaginations and achievements.”
“These individuals serve as examples and role models to young people in our community and demonstrate what is possible through their passion and dedication,” Medina said.
Perris Mayor Daryl Busch said he is proud of Salazar, who called a “tremendous asset for our City.”
“She’s done an excellent job,” he said. “She was appointed unanimously by the City Council and we are glad to have her aboard.”
Other Perris residents honored included:
- Luz Maria Ayala: Founder, TODEC- Training Occupational Development Educating Communities.
- Luz Gallegos: Community Program Director, TODEC
- Jacqueline Ramos: Chief Executive Officer, Boys and Girls Club of Perris
Other awardees included:
- Beverly Bailey: CEO, Stronghold Engineering
- Elena Carrasco: Regional Coordinator, Mi Familia Vota
- Michelle Dawson: City Manager, City of Moreno Valley
- Janet DuHaime: COO, Visterra Credit Union
- Denise Fleming: Vice President, Moreno Valley School Board
- Phyllis Guze: Associate Vice Chancellor, UCR
- Patricia Knudson: Chief Deputy, Riverside County Sheriff’s Department
- Patricia Locke-Dawson: Attorney, Member – Riverside Unified School Board
- Allison MacKenzie: CEO, Babcock Laboratories
- Rose Mayes: ED, Fair Housing Council
- Sandra Mayo: President, Moreno Valley College
- Sandy Ramirez: Owner, Moreno Valley Flower Box
- Joan Roberts: Owner, Visiting Angels
- Ophelia Valdez-Yeager: Director, Altura Credit Union
- Gladys Walker: Interim Superintendent, RUSD (Retired)
Salazar and the others received their awards at a ceremony at the Riverside Marriott Hotel.