Attention Perris non-profits.
The City wants you to attend a free workshop on June 25th to help make your organization a magnet for funding opportunities.
The workshop will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Perris Senior Center, 100 North D Street, across the street from City Hall. All required materials and lunch will be provided.
“There are a number of non-profits that have great programs which benefit Perris residents, but they don’t have the infrastructure to grow their organizations,” said Deputy Perris City Manager Darren Madkin, who is in charge of the City’s Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) program, which is funding the workshop. “We’re offering training for local agencies to get them ready for funding opportunities. This kind of training would normally be out of the area requiring travel and would cost hundreds of dollars, but we’re offering it for free right here in Perris.”
Topics set for discussion at the upcoming workshop include:
- Creating your organization’s Mission/Vision/Values Statements
- Drafting Articles of Incorporation
- 501(c)(3) and required tax forms
- Program design/development
- Business operations & staffing
- Leadership and Team building
- Grant Writing
- Establishing liaisons with the government
- Completing your 2016-2017 CDBG Application
- Locating start-up funds?
- Taking the “F”ear out of “F”inance
- Getting help designing a program that is “Result Driven”
- Learning how to work Smarter… not Harder
The City is partnering with the Center for Advocacy and Leadership Training (C.A.L.T.) on the upcoming workshop, one of six to be offered throughout the remainder of 2015. Attendees who take part in all six will receive a Certificate of Completion. The other dates in the free series are July 23; August 27; Sept. 24; Oct. 22 and Nov. 19.
CALL: (909) 886-2994
ON LINE: www.timeforchangefoundation.org/training/register.html