The City of Perris honored five senior citizens for volunteering hundreds of hours of their own time for making several programs run at the Senior Center rousing successes.
The volunteers received Certificates of Recognition from Perris Mayor Daryl Busch and Recreation Coordinator Cynthia Mendez. September is Senior Acknowledgement Month.
The honorees included:
- Tomasita Baca—who donates her time teaching knitting and crocheting classes. She has been a volunteer for more than three years.
- Ofelia Gonzalez—who assists Perris staff decorating and serving during numerous events and activities at the Perris Senior Center. She has been volunteering for more than two years.
- Jerome Roy—who teaches Zumba classes. He has been a volunteer for more than two years.
- Joe Sierra—who cleans the Senior Center pool tables. He has been a volunteer for more 13 years.
- Yolanda Tovar—who volunteers as a jewelry-making instructor. She has been a volunteer for three years.
Mendez praised all the honorees for “making our Senior Center great.”
Busch said the City commends their spirit, enthusiasm and results.
“You’ve been doing a great job,” he said. “Keep up the good work.”