for print only

City of Perris

Follow us:      

City of Perris

Animal Services

Department Profiles

Find out what city workers do and what valuable services and support they provide for city residents.

Animal Control Division Profile: Christina Avila

The Animal Control department enforces and communicates laws and ordinances pertaining to the treatment and control of animals and to educate the public on animal care. We are committed to providing responsive and efficient animal control services and animal law enforcement with compassion, integrity, and professionalism.

The City Asks You to Spay or Neuter Your Pets
Your best resource for low-cost spay and neuter options, as well as financial assistance options, is POPCO (Pet Overpopulation Coalition.) This non-profit organization can answer your questions, help you locate the spay and neuter clinic nearest you, and connect you with resources. Financial assistance is NOT guaranteed and depends upon grants and money available at the time of your inquiry. POPCO serves both Riverside and San Bernardino counties. The POPCO phone number is 1-888-664-5166. For more low-cost and free options, see the Riverside County Department of Animal Services.

dog playingDid You Know?...
The City of Perris services residents within the City limits only. Riverside County provides services for the unincorporated area, even if your address is Perris. If your house address has four (4) or less digits, it is the City. Five (5) digits is the County. You may reach Riverside County Animal Control by calling (951) 358-7387.


Animal Shelter

City of Perris Animal Control contracts with the Riverside County shelter. Found stray animals will be taken to their shelter in San Jacinto:

Riverside County Dept of Animal Services
581 South Grand Ave.
San Jacinto, CA 92583
Phone: (951)358-7387

Animals are no longer taken to the Shelter in Moreno Valley.

Lost/Stray Dogs

Stray dogs with current licenses are held at the Riverside County Animal Services Shelter at least ten days so that their owners are given the opportunity to redeem pets. Whereas for unlicensed dogs, the holding period is four business days, after which time they can either be adopted to a new owner, sent to rescue or may be humanely euthanized for behavioral and/or medical reasons.

Here is more information on what to do if your pet is lost...

Here are other local animal shelters:

14041 Elsworth St.
Moreno Valley, CA 92552
(951) 413-3790

33751 Mission Trail
Wildomar, CA 92595
(951) 674-0618

Animal Shelter
690 Humane Way
San Jacinto, CA 92582
(951) 654-8002

6851 Van Buren Blvd
Jurupa Valley, CA 92509
(951) 358-7387 (PETS)

Getting a Dog License

Licensing of animals is required by State law and City Ordinance, as part of the prevention of rabies. All dogs are required to be vaccinated against rabies and licensed at the age of four months. Animal Control Officers make every attempt to contact the pet owners of stray dogs when dogs are wearing current tags.

You can get a dog license by mail:

  1. Download and complete the Dog License Application:
    acrobat pdf Dog License Application
  2. Enclose correct fee that pertains to your dog(s). Make check payable to the CITY OF PERRIS.
  3. Enclose a rabies vaccination certificate signed by a licensed veterinarian. State and City laws require that the rabies vaccination be valid for at least as long as the licensing period. No license will be issued or renewed if the certificate is not in order. Examine it carefully. Your dog may have to be revaccinated.
  4. If applying for altered dog fees, enclose proof from a licensed veterinarian that the dog has been altered. No reduced fees will be given without proof of altering.
  5. Rabies vaccination certificates, alteration certificates and license receipts will be returned to you.
  6. Mail applicable certificates and payment to:
    City of Perris Animal Control
    1093 Harley Knox Boulevard
    Perris, CA 92570

Unaltered Dog:   $50
Altered Dog*:      $10
Sr. Altered Dog**:     $5
Late Fee***:         $15

* Proof of Sterilization Surgery is required.

** Owner must be a Senior Citizen (60 yrs or older). Proof of age is required.

*** Applies when license application is made after 30 days of vaccination, renewal, owning or moving into the City.

Fees subject to change without notice

Veterinary Services in Perris

This list is for informational purposes only. The City of Perris does not endorse any private business. City of Perris is also not held responsible for any cost of veterinary services rendered.

Veterinary Clinics

830 E. Nuevo Road
Perris, CA 92571
(951) 657-1957
Majid Ahmed, DVM

257 E. 4th Street
Perris, CA 92570
(951) 657-3139
James F. Hicks, DVM
Robert J. Runde, DVM, MS

2560 North Perris, Blvd, Ste. F8
Perris, CA 92571
(951) 657-8389
Charles Hopek, DVM

Emergency Clinics

12022 La Crosse Avenue,
Grand Terrace, CA 92313
(909) 825-9350

39809 Avenida Acacias, Ste. E
Murrieta, CA 92563
(951) 600-9803

27443 Jefferson Avenue
Temecula, CA 92590
(951) 695-5044

What to Do If Your Pet is Lost

The City of Perris Animal Control contracts shelter services with the City of Moreno Valley. Should your pet become lost, please do the following:

Check with the City of Perris Animal Control
Phone: (951) 657-4134
Address: 1093 Harley Knox Blvd., Perris, CA 92570

  • Review the DOA list, Lost & Found bulletin board in the Lobby.
  • Enter your information into the Lost & Found Book located in the Lobby.
  • Post a picture and/or description of the pet on the Lost & Found board in the Lobby.

Check with the San Jacinto Valley Animal Campus (Animal Shelter)
The shelter is located in San Jacinto at 581 S. Grande Avenue.
Phone: (951)358-7387

Check the San Jacinto Valley Animal Shelter

  • View the kennels, puppy/small breed and cattery rooms daily.
  • Review the DOA list, Isolation List, Lost & Found bulletin board in the Lobby.
  • Enter your information into the Lost & Found Book located in the Lobby.
  • Post a picture and/or description of the pet on the Lost & Found board before entering the kennels.

Additional Resources

Search for your lost pet through

The Pet Harbor database includes listings from many (but not all) animal shelters in Southern California. Your pet may also turn up as an adoptable pet in the listings provided by Petfinder. Petfinder lists many additional shelters and pet adoption agencies in Southern California including both Riverside shelters.