for print only

City of Perris

Follow us:      

City of Perris

How Do I?

Here are some commonly asked questions - along with the answers and contact information of folks who can help you.

We also have a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) ...and you can post your question there if you don't see an answer here or on the FAQ page.

  • Who can I call to get my utilities turned on? I just recently moved to Perris and I don't know what the numbers are.
    Here are the phone numbers for the local utility providers:

    Utility Provider
    Water City of Perris Finance & Water: (951) 943-4610
    Eastern Municipal Water District: (951) 928-3777
    Electric Southern California Edison: (800) 655-4555
    Telephone AT&T: (800) 310.2355 (residential)
    Verizon: (800) 483-4000
    Trash CR&R: (951) 943-1991
    Cable AT&T: (800) 310.2355 (residential)
    Verizon: (800) 483-4000
    Time Warner Cable : (887) 475-3127
    Gas Southern California Gas: (800) 427-2200
  • I'm thinking about getting a home security alarm installed. Do I need any special City permits for it?
    No — go ahead and have the system installed. Perris does not require a permit for alarm systems.
  • How do I get a passport?
    The City Clerk no longer processes passport applications. Applications are avaible online from this website: A passport issued to an indvidual 16 years or older is valid for 10 years.
  • Who do I call if there's a large open field behind my house with very tall weeds, as well as tumbleweed? I'm sure it's a fire hazard.
    The Office of the Fire Marshal can help you with that.
    You can call them at (951) 443-1029.
  • How many yard sales can I have in a year – and do I need a permit?
    Each Perris address is allowed 3 yard sales per calendar year ($7 for each one or prepay $15 for all 3 permits to be used before 12/31 of that year). Yard sales are allowed only Friday–Sunday, not during the week. Before holding a yard sale, you need to get a permit. Applications can be obtained at City Hall. For more information on obtaining a permit, see Community Preservation/Code Compliance and the Code FAQ page.
  • How can I report an illegal yard sale?
    Anyone can report an illegal yard sale to the Code Enforcement Department at (951) 956-2117, Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. A yard sale is considered to be illegal if one of the following conditions exist:
    - The resident did not obtain a permit for the yard sale.
    - The yard sale occurs more than 3 consecutive days.
    - The resident has more than 2 yard sales occur on their premises.
    - The resident is selling prohibited items (food, non rummage).
  • Does the City of Perris provide low-income loans for me to improve my home?
    Yes, our Economic Development Department . can help you with that information. They can be reached at (951) 943-6100.
  • I would like to start my new business in Perris and I need information on obtaining a business license.
    Where can I get one?

    Our Business License Department can answer any questions you may have. You can call them at (951) 443-1029.
  • I would like to get a marriage license. Where do I go?
    The Riverside County Clerk Recorder's Office at 2724 Gateway Drive in Riverside can help you. Their phone number is 951.486.7000.
  • There is a stray dog in my backyard. I don't know which neighbor he belongs to. How can I get the dog removed?
    Contact the Animal Control and they will have someone come out to pick up the dog. Their number is (951) 657-4134.
  • How can I report that my streetlights are out?
    Contact Southern California Edison by calling (800) 655-4555.
  • How do I report a traffic signal that isn't working properly?
    Contact the Public Works Field Services Department to help you with that.
    You can call them at (951) 657-3280.
  • Why haven't street sweepers come to my neighborhood for a couple of weeks? Also, what is the street sweeping schedule for my neighborhood?
    Contact CR&R by calling (951) 943-1991. Here is more information about Street Sweeping in Perris.
  • I'm in a new tract and they are not sweeping the streets, also construction debris is not being picked up by the developer. Who can I call?
    Contact the City Engineer to help you with that.
    You can call that office at (951) 943-6504.
  • There are new homes being built in my area, and the construction crew doesn't clean up as they should when work is completed each day. Can someone talk to the developer?
    Contact the City Engineer to help you with that.
    You can call that office at (951) 943-6504.
  • How can I get a City job application?
    Contact Human Resources at (951) 943-6100  . You can also download a job application from this website, as well as see a list of currently open positions.
  • How can I learn about the job requirements for a position?
    Call the city's 24-hour job line - 951.413.3405 ext. 209. If the position is currently open, you can view the job requirements by selecting the job title.
  • Who can I talk to about a parking ticket?
    You can call the Code Enforcement Division: (951) 385-4131. If the ticket is because of street sweeping, see the Street Sweeping page for more information. You can also simply pay your parking ticket online.